ISO 37001:2016 is the international standard designed to help organisations to implement an Anti-Bribery Management System (ABMS).
It was issued on October 15th, 2016 and specifies a series of measures an organization can implement to help prevent, detect and address bribery (ISO 19600 provides a guideline to compliance and ISO 31000 provides a guideline to risk assessment).
Benefits of ISO 37001
ISO 37001 certification enables the organisation to protect and preserve the integrity of itself by:
- Opening the organization to external scrutiny of the effectiveness of its anti-bribery policies and processes;
- Demonstrating compliance to relevant legislation such as the UK Bribery Act, FCPA, Sapin II, D.Lgs. 231/01, etc;
- Collaborating with stakeholders to monitor and manage risk throughout the organization and supply chain;
- Ensuring that suppliers, sub-contractors and agents are committed to anti-bribery best practice.
An ISO 37001 compliant ABMS can be used as a pre-qualification requirement:
- a procuring entity can require all its bidders to provide evidence of their compliance with ISO 37001 as a condition of tender; or
- additional points may be given by the procuring entity in the procurement evaluation for evidence of compliance.
In the event that the organization is investigated or prosecuted for bribery, an effectively implemented ABMS could help establish that the organization had taken reasonable steps to prevent bribery, and therefore help avoid a prosecution, or mitigate the outcome.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org